Talks given by PI2 researchers from 2006 onward:
- Hancock REW. Discovery to Commercialization. Genome BC 4th Annual Genomics Forum, Apr 7, 2006, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Brinkman FSL. Trends in microbial protein networks and their evolution. Mathematical Biology Seminar Series, Mar 22, 2006, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Hancock REW. American Gastroenterology Association Host Microbial Symposium, Mar 24-26, 2006, San Diego, CA, USA.
- Brinkman FSL. Critical and integrative microarray data analysis. World Microarray Congress, Mar 24-25, 2006, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Brinkman FSL. Microbes and Microchips. SFU President's Research Luncheon 2006 (Keynote) , Mar 7, 2006, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Hancock REW. Where are we with resistance? 1st Gordon Conference on New Antibiotic Discovery and Development, Mar 5-10, 2006, Ventura, CA, USA.
- Brinkman FSL. Using bioinformatics to accelerate pathogen research. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, Mar 1, 2006, Greater Vancouver, Canada.
- Hancock REW. The Pathogenomics of Innate Immunity Project. Genome BC Quarterly Meeting, Jan 25, 2006, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Posters presented by PI2 researchers from 2006 onward:
- Jenssen H, Gutteberg TJ, Hancock REW. Lactoferrin and Lactoferricin inhibit HSV cell-to-cell spread and possess chemotactic activity. 31st Annual International Herpesvirus Workshop, July 22-28, 2006, Seattle, WA, USA.
- Mookherjee N, Brown KL, Doria S, Falsafi R, Hancock REW. Functional Genomics of Innate Immunity: Natural human host defence peptide LL-37 can selectively modulate inflammatory responses and alter the TLR to NF-kB Pathway. Canadian Society for Immunology, June 9-12, 2006, Halifax NS, Canada.
- Pistolic J, Cosseau CC, Yu J, Li Y, Rehaume L, Hancock REW. Lung epithelial cell responses to host defence peptide LL-37. Canadian Society for Immunology, June 9-12, 2006, Halifax NS, Canada.
- Yu J, Pistolic J, Li Y, Bowdish D, Rehaume L, Hancock REW. Immunomodulatory activity of the endogenous human host defence peptide LL-37 in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Canadian Society for Immunology, June 9-12, 2006, Halifax NS, Canada.
- Brown KL, Bylund J, MacDonald K, Song- Zhao G, Ma R, Falsafi R, Mookherjee N, Doria S, Hokamp K, Roche FM, Brinkman FSL, Speert D, Hancock REW. Reciprocal Gene Expression Patterns in Humans with Opposing Inflammatory Disorders and Shared Predisposition to Infection. Annual Meeting of the American Association of Immunologists, May 12-16, 2006, Boston, MA, USA.
- Li Y, Davidson DJ, Hancock REW. LL-37 modulates the induction of apoptotic pathways and cytokine signaling in human neutrophils. Annual Meeting of the American Association of Immunologists, May 12-16, 2006, Boston, MA, USA.
- Hokamp K, Roche FM, Langille M, Acab M, Fulton DL, Laird MR, Li YY, Lo R, Chan SK, Babiuk LA, Hancock REW, Brinkman FSL. Bioinformatics Tools for Cross-species Comparisons of Microarray Data. World Congress on Microarray Technology, Mar 24-25, 2006, Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
- Langille M, Hsiao WW, Fulton DL, Li YY, Laird MR, Brinkman FSL. Ortholuge and IslandPath: tools for the genome-wide detection of orthologs and genomic islands. International Conference on Phylogenomics, Mar 15-19, 2006 Sainte-Adèle, PQ, Canada.
- Gardy JL, Brown KL, Mookherjee N, Hokamp K, Roche FM, Speert DP, Falsafi R, Acab MR, Lo R, Brinkman FSL, Hancock REW. A systems biology approach to understanding innate immunity: Immunomodulatory effects of the host defence peptide LL-37 and contrasting gene expression defects in patients with inflammatory disorders. Keystone Symposium - Systems Biology: Integrating Biology, Technology and Computation, Mar 5-10, 2006 Taos, NM, USA.
- Wilson HL, Brownlie R, Hokamp K, Roche FM, Brinkman FSL, Mutwiri GK, Babiuk LA, Potter AA, Griebel PJ. CpG-Specific Signaling in Bovine Monocytes: Potential Involvement of Wnt/β-Catenin Signaling Pathway. Keystone Symposium - Innate Immunity, Feb 10-15, 2006, Banff, AB, Canada.
© 2006 Pathogenomics of Innate Immunity: A GenomeBC Project
|Return to top